Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Being transformed from the inside out

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit. http://bible.us/2Cor3.18.NASB
I have a devotional called "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young.  This devotional shares the words Jesus laid on Sarah’s heart.  I can not tell you how many times the words for that day was exactly what I needed to hear for the things I was going through at that time.  Today was no different.
I have struggled with self image for years.  Today was a reminder that I need not worry about what the outside looks like because I am being transformed on the inside through my relationship with Him.  How many times do we fret and stew and pout because we don't like what our outside looks like but we don't have a thought about fixing our mind on Him and becoming transformed in His Glory.  When we are fully fixed on Him and we are totaling listening to what He is telling us to do, act, and live then the rest will fall into place.  I admit that I spend a lot more time depressed about what I look like or what others think of me then I do spending time in His word and applying those words to my life.  Here is what was written for today:
        Let my love enfold you in the radiance of My Glory.  Sit still in the Light of My Presence and receive My Peace.  These quiet moments with Me transcend time, accomplishing far more than you can imagine.  Bring Me the sacrifice of your time, and watch to see how abundantly I bless you and your loved ones.
       Through the intimacy of our relationship, you are being transformed from the inside out.  As you keep your focus on Me, I form you into the one I desire you to be.  Your part is to yield to My creative work in you, neither resisting it nor trying to speed it up.,  Enjoy the tempo of a God-breathed life by letting Me set the pace.  Hold My hand in childlike trust, and the way before you will open up step by step.
I didn't intend to write the whole thing but didn't know where to stop cause it was all good :)  I hope this spoke to you as it did me.  I highly recommend this book.  They also have an app for smart phones with the daily readings.  Here is the link:  http://thejesuscallingapp.com/  
I would love to hear how God is transforming you from the inside out.  Feel free to leave a comment :)  
Have a great day!!!
Traci 

No comments: