Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Why I decided to blog again....

You may have heard of this little web site called Pinterest. A few people use it now :) Well, I have been one of those and as you know it can really take up a day. But I have loved following the links to blogs of some wonderful people. People that are giving us helpful household tips, decorating advice, event planning help and so on. And on some of them you feel like you are getting to know the author of the blog. One blog I follow, A Merry Life is written by a young lady that has a weight loss blog. She met her now husband through blogging and I have watched them get engaged and now married and her adventures of moving from Tennessee to New Zealand.

It got me thinking, I am getting to share in someones life I have never met and chances are I never will. Wouldn't it have been cool if my grandparents would have had a blog. I would have gotten to know them as young loves, young parents and eventually grandparents. I would have loved to see and hear about their everyday lives.

Well, I am going to be a grandparent this summer!! I am so excited. I hope that I get to live close to all my kids and their kids for the rest of my life but reality is, that may not be in God's plans. So, if I am consistent and stay with this, I hope that no matter if we live near or far, they can read some of my ramblings one day and I can teach them things about me and about what I have learned in this life. Of course I plan on being in their "Real Life" but sometimes I may just put down a thought or two that will give them a glimpse into my life that they would not otherwise see.

Well, I don't know if this makes sense but for now I will just blog about who knows what. I may share a bible verse God has shown me. Maybe a story about my day, or I may share an idea I have or a recipe I found. I may show you my latest Pinterest project. Maybe a picture or two may appear.

Join me if you would like. I'd love the company :)

No comments: